Hyderabad was founded by the Quṭb Shāhī sultans of Golconda.
Hyderabad Famous for
The Hyderabad is located at 17Deg 22’ N latitude and 78Deg 27’E longitude. It is surrounded on all sides by Ranga Reddy district. The total geographic area of the district is 217 Sq. km. Hyderabad is the capital of the newly formed Telangana state.
The city is situated on the Deccan Plateau, 542 m above sea level. The highest point in the city, the Banjara Hills. The city has a rocky terrain.
Hyderabad is divided into to 2 Revenue Divisions – Hyderabad and Secunderabad, and 16 Mandals. The Greater Hyderabad Municipal Corporation ( GHMC) is the only Municipal Corporation in the district.
Telugu & Urdu
Best Places to Shop In Hyderabad
Hyderabad city has got world-class shopping malls across the city. Roughly around 10 most popular malls are very famous in the city.
- Sujana Forum Mall, Kphb
- Inorbit Mall, Madhapur
- GVK One Mall, Banjara Hills
- Manjeera Mall, Kphb
- Next Galleria Mall
- City Centre, Banjara Hills
- Prasad IMax, Khairathabad
- AMB, Gachibowli
How to reach
Best time to visit
It is very pleasant to visit Hyderabad during winter time. However, many travellers visit this famous city from July to Feb every year.
Rajiv Gandhi Hyderabad International Airport is located at Shamshabad which is 24 kilometers from the main city.
|From Vijayawada: 278 km||From Bangalore: 569 km|
|From Chennai: 627 km||From Kochi: 1116 km|
|From Mumbai: 709 km||From Vizag: 621 km|
Secunderabad is the main Railway Station in Hyderabad having large number of travelers. Next are Kacheguda and Begumpet.
Mahathma Gandhi Bus Stand (MGBS) is the main Bus Stand in Hyderabad for travelling by Govt. Transport.
There are two large industries in Hyderabad that produce and export Acetic Acid and Tobacco products across India and the world. Many industries in Hyderabad and surrounding areas of Ranga Reddy district are engaged in the manufacture of high precision items required by the Defence establishments and other Hi-tech industries.
Export products from Hyderabad
Major exports from Hyderabad are from the IT (Software,) industry. Exports from the neighboring district of RR district are from Pharma, Gems and Jewellery, engineering products, IT & ES products, pharmaceuticals, engineering products, garments, gems and jewelry, basmati rice, spices, software, edible oil etc
List of R&D Centers in Hyderabad
- Indian Institute of Chemical Technologies, Habsiguda
- Engineering College, Osmania University
- National Geophysical Research Institute, (NGRI) Uppal Road
- Central Food Technological Research Institute, Uppal Road, Habsiguda
- National Mineral Development Corporation (NMDC), Masabtank
- College of Technology ( Chemical ), Osmania University
- Cement Research Institute, Himayath Nagar
- Central Building Research Institute, (Extension Centre), Erramanzil
- Center for Cellular and Molecular Biology, Uppal
- Central Institute for Plastic Engineering and Training, Cherlapally